PROJECT MANAGEMENT I – JOB POSTING
Vargas Associates provides Project Management services to many businesses and organizations in and around the Rochester and Upstate, New York area that seek leadership in managing facilities renovation, furniture coordination and relocation projects. Our company provides the upfront planning and logistics to define the project from inception and carry it thru conceptual design, architectural and engineering design, construction and occupancy. During this process, we manage teams of professionals, create and track the project schedule, budget and day to day deliverables of the team. We facilitate the meetings required to coordinate the details and assist the client with the decisions necessary to deliver a project that meets the functional needs of their organization and their customer requirements.
Our work is conducted in the Healthcare, K-12, Higher Education, Corporate and Municipal fields. Experience in these sectors is an important consideration for this position.
Position: Project Manager I
Entry level position supporting Project Management staff, managing projects under the mentorship of both company principals. With time, this position will require more independent project delivery including the coordination and oversight of extensive project details which include: Creation of project schedules, understanding key dependencies and contingency planning. Cost projections, budget tracking, and assessment of change orders. Team leadership skills, understanding team roles and responsibilities, how to communicate in team and client settings. Creation of project implementation plans and the detailed tracking of the project team to follow the appropriate processes to deliver those plans. Daily and weekly updates to principals on project progress. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time is essential. Ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiarity with building infrastructure and processes associated with building renovation projects is necessary. Experience working with architects, engineers, construction contractors and associated suppliers is important. A wide degree of flexibility with type of assignments is expected. Willingness to learn new processes and project delivery methods is essential. This position will work with various internal and external team members, and will report to the company President.
Responsibilities under the mentorship of a company principal include the following:
- Prepare and maintain project documentation (schedules, budgets, meeting notes, project files)
- Conduct physical inventories and create reports
- Create requirements spreadsheets; build scope of work documents
- Build phasing plans
- Create implementation plans for relocations
- Assist with creation of bid documentation
- Determine appropriate re-use of existing furnishings when applicable
- Coordinate re-use and assignment of existing client assets and/or secure quotations for new furniture and equipment
- Prepare communications to clients, vendors and end-users
- Coordinate ancillary needs including: signage, artwork, appliances, accessories, etc…
- On-site coordination of physical relocations, reconfigurations and installations of furniture and equipment
- Interface with suppliers on quotations, order placement, delivery and installation
- Document project punch-list, and coordinate completion of items
- Additional responsibilities to support company deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience in Project Management; or equivalent experience.
- Estimating and tracking personal work hours against project plan, for simultaneous projects.
- Experience working with teams of various disciples and work styles.
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Proficiency in MS Project desired.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both staff and clients.
- Experience in a client-focused, fast-paced, project-based environment.
Other job requirements:
- Must have personal, dependable transportation to drive between client sites and project office.
- Travel will be required within Western and Central New York to administer projects. Occasional travel to downstate may be required.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of company and client organizations, and with all personality types.
- Individual will work from the office and out at client sites. This position requires the physical ability to hear, see, sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch and reach a keyboard.
- Occasionally the need for substantial walking and standing over consecutive days.
- This position requires professional demeanor and business attire.
- Strong ability to build long-lasting, effective relationships with clients and vendors.
- Willing to occasionally work overtime to complete a task or to meet a deadline.
Competitive Benefits Package